Thursday, December 9, 2021

Robert Ellis: The Ticket I Found in my Drawer

Neil Young with Crazy Horse

 

The Ticket I Just Found in My Drawer

Although Neil Young may have played at the Main Point, I never heard about it while I was managing the kitchen there. But on August 22, 1987, the year before I moved to California, he played at the Mann Music Center with Crazy Horse. It was an outdoor venue, and maybe one of the best concerts I have ever witnessed. He closed with Like a Hurricane and Hey, Hey, My, My (Into the Black). At some point I noticed that 4 of the 6 strings on his guitar were broken, but it didn’t seem to make any difference at all!

He played 2 Sets, one acoustic and another electric. Songs like Heart of Gold, Comes a Time, The Needle and the Damage Done, Sugar Mountain, Mr. Soul, Cinnamon Girl, and still one of my favorites, Down By the River. It was an amazing night! I'm so glad I spent an hour this afternoon cleaning out a drawer!

All best,

Robert

https://www.robertellis.net


ROBERT ELLIS WRITERS BLOG

 

No comments:

Post a Comment