Sunday, April 28, 2024

Could writer's block be a gift?

 

The Many Faces of Writer's Block ...

I’m wondering if sometimes writer’s block isn't a gift. Yesterday I battled through a horrifying three days of going almost nowhere. I knew what I was trying to write. I even knew where I wanted the chapter to end. It wasn’t that I had doubts or lacked confidence. It seemed like I was just stuck. Instead of walking away, I went back five chapters or so and started reading. After lunch I made a fresh pot of coffee, went back and read it again. I realized that I’d made a mistake. The reason I couldn’t move forward with the next chapter was because of a problem three chapters back. I must have sensed it. Go figure.

City of Stones Amazon Link


 


ROBERT ELLIS WRITERS BLOG

04/28/2024

No comments:

Post a Comment