Saturday, September 19, 2026

Robert Ellis: Matt Jones 5 Update & Excerpt

 


Matt Jones 5 Update & Excerpt

It’s been a great week in the world of Detective Matt Jones! 20 softcover copies of I’m All Better Now went in the mail Monday. On the Goodreads 100-Kindle Giveaway (with 23 days still to go!), the response has been amazing, the number of requests outdoing the total number of any book I have ever written!

I’d like to share a short excerpt from the novel. This is taken from the middle of Chapter 46:

“Curious?” she said.

Matt nodded as his gaze settled on Madam Lydia’s place and lingered there. It was the idea that the so-called medium had refused to accept Kelly’s money that hooked him. That given the circumstances, the players and the deed, the who and the what, and, let’s face it, Kelly’s home address—that given all that, somewhere in Madam Lydia’s offer of kindness, there had to be a con. And in a murder case where everyone had a con, including Kelly herself, and each con appeared to be linked to the next, it occurred to Matt that taking the long way back from his place on the Westside to the Norwood estate in Hollywood might turn out to be worthwhile.

At least for a look. At least for a little more time to weigh the odds.

“Who do you think those people are?” Kelly said.

 

***

I almost skipped out on writing this chapter. I was on the fence about including it. The next morning, I decided to take a chance, write it and make the decision later. It turned out to be a real kick, and I’m glad I stuck it out.

Can’t wait until October 12 and I’m All Better Now is finally out and about! And thanks again to every participating in these giveaways and helping me get the word out. I keep saying this one is special. I really hope you think so too.

Bookcover of I’M ALL BETTER NOW, Detective Matt Jones Book 5, by Robert Ellis, with a moody silhouette of a woman in a pool of water at night overlooking Hollywood Hills in Hollywood, California, over a graphic of Robert Ellis in a hoody and bathing suit standing in the water at the beach in Santa Monica, California watching the sun set over the ocean.

ROBERT ELLIS WRITERS BLOG

https://www.robertellis.net

09/19/2026


No comments:

Post a Comment