Sunday, March 7, 2021

Robert Ellis: Detective Matt Jones Book 4 Update

  


This has been a great week! On Friday I received the final copy edit for Matt Jones Book 4! Wow! I’m reading it now, about a third of the way in, and just thrilled by the breadth of Matt’s fourth adventure! How does he get himself in so much trouble?

 

One of the best aspects of writing a new novel is reaching the stage where an editor with talent becomes involved. A fresh set of eyes reading your work for the first time. I know that I spend a lot of sleepless nights playing the story in my head and trying to guess what my editor is going to make of it all! I do the same thing when the book is
published, and readers dig in! I’ve said it before, and I’ll probably say it again. It takes three people to make a novel complete. It takes a writer to create a story and get his or her thoughts on paper. It takes a reader to breathe life into the work with their imagination. And it takes an editor to make sure the story’s ride is smooth, so the reader isn’t interrupted until they hit the finish line.


 

Editors make a writer better. They make the experience of reading better. But most of all, they make the story better. And once again, in the midst of what has been a year of one tough day after the next for all of us, a bit of good news has been able to shine through. I’d like to share more! Within a week or so, I’m hoping to end the secrecy and post the title and jacket for Matt Jones 4! Until then, a big thanks to my editor and readers, and I wish you all the best!

Robert Ellis

Link to Book 3 in the Detective Matt Jones Thriller Series … The Girl Buried in the Woods, on Amazon

***

Robert Ellis Writers Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment